Originally Posted by T_O_M

The other is a pre-lock M60 3" .357 with adjustable sights. It is a miserable beast to shoot but it is also incredibly accurate for its size and recoil. If you can hang onto it, manage the sights, and forget what a beating your hand is about to receive, it's capable of 2 inch 50 yard groups from a rest with Federal 125 grain JHP factory ammo. Because I don't like shooting it to sight it in again, I don't mess with lighter loads, I just hope not to pull the trigger. smile

I wish S&W would offer a half-lug 4" 686 or 586. I guess that means a 4" model 19 would be a good contender ... never owned one so that's just guess work.

Tom

The 3" 60-10 is a great shooter....125s are what I settled on for a load also....

As to a 1/2 lug 686...have you looked at this one? I have a 686-7 (one of only two Smiths I have with a lock) that is this same gun in .38 Super and it balances beautifully....

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-pro-series-model-686-ssr

If I HAD to buy a brandy new S&W .357 today this is what I would probably buy....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....