Thanks hasbeen, the N frame is going to be the one, may as well search out good durability.

10-4 on the 38+P marked 357 moosemike, Thanks.

Thank You Steelhead.

local dirt, N frame all the way, and this thread, plus watching the Hickok45 video caused me to grab my old Colt Trooper this afternoon, I fired all the loaded rounds I had, save the four speedloaders and the six 125gr barnes hp's I kicked out of the revolver on the counter in a back bathroom.

Went to the 25 yard gong and rested across the seat of my ATV, the 125gr XTP's at 1450 printed a bit lower than the new load with 158gr hardcasts at 1396 fps, I found a happy medium between the two loads, they both land around two to four inches on top of the front sight at 25 yards, and centered nicely, I can live with that, what a fun cartridge the 357 mag is.

I found a double palm sized flat rock, placed it into the damp dirt of a brushpile I have pushed up and had at it, holding at 6 o'clock, I hit the rock five of six times offhand at 20 yards in semi fast fire single action mode.

Cleaned the old revolver up with Hoppes #9, re-oiled it, re-loaded it and put it back in it's Galco thumb break, and back on the bathroom counter it sits. smile

A damn fun afternoon.

Trump Won!