I never see any tube guns.
I just finished shooting the NRL’s Brawl here in South Texas. I’ve been shooting these types of matches at places like Rifles Only long before the birth of the PRS. I think these types of matches really help your marksmanship abilities especially when hunting. When your in the field Hunting other than in a blind, when have you ever had a perfect shooting position to shoot from. I’d say probably never, you make the best with what you have. This type of shooting translates directly with hunting.
All shooting hobbies cost money. FYI: the trend to shoot calibers other than the .308 is a old one and pre dates the PRS and invention of the creedmoor. We’ve been looking at a way to cheat the wind for a long time and have used calibers such as the .260, ..260 AI, 6.5x47, 243, .243AI, 7 WSM, etc....I would stay away from any of the semi-autos to start. I don’t own one but I think the Ruger rpm is a pretty good way to start and could easily be upgraded. I’d also find a used Bushnell Elite Tactical scope and a case of bullets.

I can’t emphasize this enough, find a good reputable trainer and get some training. Rifles Only, Frank Gali, Gunworks, Etc....Good luck, I hope you get started.

Last edited by ChanceD; 02/27/19.