Hunting with the 260 for a long time, I didn't see the need to own one...

however last summer a 7/08 was available at Sportsman's Whorehouse for under $300..
it was a Howa, so I decided that was a value and a half, so I picked one up...
figured it would easily return what it was paid for...

Gotta admit, when it turned out to pick a load for it... I just one upped from a load that works well in the
260 Rem..... so I pulled down a can of 4064 and picked up some Hornady 139 gr SP.s and loaded
it up...didn't see a deer when I was carrying it out in the field...

however, the successes I've seen with the 260 and the 129 gr SP Hornady, it was a no brainer that
the 139 gr in 7mm would do just as well...with just a real cheap 4 x Tasco on top in Weaver rings ( $10 at Wally World).. the rifle still did real well at the range...

After season for cheap plinking at the range or with some of our Boy Scouts, I have used some of the bunch of 100 grain HP.s some one kindly gave me... behind a charge of 30 grains of 4198.

The average 12 to 15 year old can shoot it well and they feel awfully proud of groups at 200 yds...
fired off the bench....

The latter load is like a bigger bore 243 is all... kids shoot it well, without a lot of wear and tear on them.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez