Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by Roystu
My T3 loves 43.0 gr. of Varget pushing a 140 gr. Gameking in Lapua Brass

A question about your load; have you fired it over a chronograph to see what your velocity is? My reason for asking is this. You are at book maximum as listed by Sierra using Federal brass, but you are using Lapua brass which is substantially thicker and heavier than Federal. In my experience, I have had to reduce my powder charges by one and a half to two grains in Lapua brass in order to show the same velocity (thus pressure). May just be me and my rifles, but others see these loads and assume that they are ok to use as listed. Just thought it to be a question worth asking.

I started this load at the min and worked up in 1/2 gr. increments. I have not chronoed this load but do plan on getting around to it this spring as I have just purchased another. I have not found any pressure signs at all yet. This is 308 brass that I resized as I could not find any 708. I have used this load for the past two years and have killed nine deer with it. All DRT. It has been very consistent so far with this lb of powder

Last edited by Roystu; 03/02/19.