Originally Posted by loggerbrad
Rick300 may remember me from the forum. My handle there is nw_hunter, and I was a moderator for many years on the political forum and others. Back when Bill was owner of the site,we kept a close watch on things as moderators.Not so much anymore, and I don't moderate or post there as often as I use to.It was a dedicated outdoor family place to go, and flame wars and trolling was not allowed.A very informative site IMO and I don't think we will see another like it in the near future.I can see the youth today not liking it as much as us old geezers. This is the WWW and there is room for all.:-)

"NOTE" I do have to admit, since Bill sold it, things have gone down hill.He is still an Adm there, and visits often. I never saw Bill as a tyrant as some here have mentioned. I think he started the best outdoor site on the web, and for years keep it at the top.

I still visit the site almost daily, still some good people on the forum. But the gun technocrats seem to have moved on and it seems the political/conversation forum have taken over which is ok. I like to check the classifieds there for Contender stuff and occasionally argue with one of the leftists that post there same as here. Bill has never given me a bad time though we have had a few words at times. The forum seemed a bit heavily moderated but so what it is their forum! What I am seeing is that in general hunting and fishing forums are losing members steadily. This is a fine forum and the lack of moderation doesn't bother me any. I figure I will visit Graybeard outdoors til it's over periodically with no complaints. I have been a member there long enough that I have changed my ways from the old days so maybe a bit of moderation was good for me.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]