I’ll be the second to recommend against a 6” lift. Besides being too much tire for stock 1/2ton running gear with 35”s it’s going to be way top heavy. I’d be running no taller than 33”s, preferably skinny 33”s if you can find them and either a 2” lift to fit them or if it has any rust just trimming fenders with a sawzall. If it’s got a TH350 behind that 383 budget for a replacement, doubly so if it’s got the OD 700R4. I think some of those had 10 bolt rearends and they’l be a weak link especially if you run big tires.

Overall it’ll be fun for you and the kids if you like to wrench on stuff, not so much if you don’t or can’t. 34 year old 4x4 will require some wrenching sooner or later. But it’ll be good for you and the kids to spend time together and teach them how to work on stuff. Plus you’ll get to have fun together out wheeling it and tearing it up again.

PS like somebody said above it sucks hauling a dead deer inside with you, especially with the heater going. If it’s not a serious wheeling trip to get to where you hunt look into a receiver mounted cargo rack you can strap your deer onto.