Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Mine was a '73, the last year of the 1 piece fiberglass roof, I think. I saw it on a dealer's repair lot. It had a 327 and a 3 on the tree, the only one I've ever seen on a Blazer. The linkage was worn out and they couldn't get the parts to fix it. I found a floor shift conversion kit that I knew would fit and make them an absurdly low offer. They grabbed it. It had about 100k on it. It took me 2 hrs to install the shift kit and I ran it another 100k. Then I sold it for the same price that I'd paid for it years before. I had a ball with that thing. It seriously needed a 4 speed but by using the low range to get moving sometimes, it never failed to get me there.

75 was the last year of the full top Blazer. Someone must've swapped in a 327, if that's truly what was in your Blazer. IIRC, 1969 was the last year for the 327.

Yep. I had a 75 Model right after HS. It had the full top. That was a heavy sombitch to remove!!! Mine had a 350 and the auto tranny. Had to replace that big ass rear window twice and it was a pain in the ass! It was a great ole truck for spotlighting coyotes and chasing quail at the Ranch with the top removed. Sold that sob after a lady t-boned me at a red Light and it reared up on both driver side wheels. It almost caused a roll over, and with the top off, it scared the schitt outta me. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~