My former Auto student Jay, owner of Tucson Differential, here in Tucson, has a 70s Blazer. He put in a roller rocker big block along with 3/4 ton axles. Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. 205 transfer case 411s with a detroit locker in rear and power lock posi in front. What a beast!

There are quite a few of these older Blazers running around Tucson and they don't have ANY rust!

While these are not blazers they are closely related:

I had a 73 GMC suburban with 4 speed and 205 transfer case. Switched out axles to 3/4 added locker and power lock posi. Ran it into the ground with over 300,000. Body kept cracking, we chased welds forever.

Currently have a 87 heavy duty 3/4 ton suburban with turbo 400 (somewhat rare). IIRC 88 was the last year they made Suburbans with straight front axles and turbo 400s. This vehicle has a 14 bolt rear with locker (took the 73's replacement axle with me) To get the emergency brake cable to connect to old diff had to switch out backing plates. Ended up with huge 3 1/2 x 13 shoes and monster drums. This one has AC and throttle body. Now at 428,000 miles. No rust. Body is holding up nicely too. I did have to replace both fenders due to inside cracks but nothing like that 73.

I realize these vehicles are dinosaurs with poor gas mileage. However if they get scratched or dented it is no big deal. Most parts are still available with visits to junk yards for the discontinued parts. Tucson's junk yards are great for rust free stuff.

It was repainted a few years ago. A bit scruffer looking in recent days.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Azshooter; 04/09/19.