Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by tmitch
Makes me cringe every time I see the Shiloh thrown in the dirt. shocked frown cry

It wasn't the real one.

Actually it was a real Shiloh. Selleck came here to Montana to visit the Shiloh plant and spend some time with Mike Venturino to become more familiar with a Sharps rifle. They made 3 rifles, one to shoot and film, one to abuse and a third for a spare and close up filming.

Mike spent a day with Selleck and made some minor changes in the movie. In the scene where they were chasing the Aboriginies over the cliff, the script called for Quigley to rein his horse to a halt and shoot from his horse. Mike informed them, that wasn’t a good way to shoot accurately, and he would be better advised to get off his horse and use a rest. In the movie you will see Quigley dismount and shoot over a rock.

The scene where Quigley is at the store toward the end of the movie, he is talking to the shop owner about bullets to use in his experimental rifle “the Sharps” and what crossover from British bullets would suit the gun Quigley was shooting. Mike knew what the Brits had that would work in Quigley’s gun and he cast those bullets to reload his cartridges,

At the end of the movie, when Quigley was standing in the corral holding his rifle, you will see he has the butt on the toe of his boot. During the time Selleck spent with Mike on the range, he noticed Mike would rest the butt of his rifle on his boot and asked why he did that. Mike told him that it will protect the buttplate from getting scratched or dirty and won’t transfer debris to his shoulder when he would continue firing the rifle.

Just som Quigley trivia I doubt anyone would know...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]