Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by tmitch
Makes me cringe every time I see the Shiloh thrown in the dirt. shocked frown cry
wasn't the real one.

Actually it was a real Shiloh. Selleck came here to Montana to visit the Shiloh plant and spend some time with Mike Venturino to become more familiar with a Sharps rifle. They made 3 rifles, one to shoot and film, one to abuse and a third for a spare and close up filming.

Thanks for the clarification. I read somewhere that the "abuse" rifle had an aluminum barrel to make it easier to toss. Clearly they were all built by Shiloh.

Can you confirm?

Paul

I just called Kirk at Shiloh to confirm that there were 3 rifles made for the movie. Just as I said previously, there were 3 rifles made, one as the star of the show, 1 that got abused and the 3rd for close up pictures and as a spare if it was needed.

There were no aluminum barrels or rifles with aluminum barrels, just the 3 rifles that I described...

For the ultimate clarification:

I talked to Mike Venturino about this a couple days ago and he told me the real scoop. There WAS an aluminum barrel made for the gun used in the fight scene at the dock at the beginning of the movie. Evidently, when they were filming the fight, the gun was too heavy to manage and they went back to Shiloh, which at that time was owned by Wolfgang Droge, and he made the aluminum barrel for the Sharps he had already made.

Mike said he saw and handled the barrel. The producers sent Mike a copy of the script, which he had them change in the scenes I had previously mentioned. I hope this clears up some questionable aspects of the movie which is the reason for the tread in the first place...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]