Some folks go gaga on the Quigley model rifle, still don't really know why. One year at the Quigley a guy pulls up next to where we were camped and asks if he can, we told him sure go ahead. He came by later after setting up his new tent and wanted to shoot the sh*t. Said he didn't know if he would shoot in the shoot as he had a new rifle and had never loaded bp rd 1.Come to find out that he bought a used Quiigly 45-110 from the Cabelas Gun Library up in Seattle or some damn place. Paid a lot of cash for a gun with someone else's gold plated initials in it. He had stopped at BACO on the way to Montana and they sold him half the store. Sold him some ready to go greaser loads too but after looking at my ppb loads he got a glazed look in his eye and looked unstable. He had some Swiss 1.5 and vag wads, plus primers, I intro'ed him to a vender that had some .442" TGBS bullets to sell and some patches, get the long story short we made him and his gun a successful shooter. Now them Quig models got a hard steel curved butt. After 75 rds the poor guy was black and blue and green on his whole right side even after him putting a kickease slip on pad over it. He managed to get 5/8 on the buffalo at 805 yds so he was still a happy camper. Next year he didn't make it out and on the year after that he did with a new Montana Roughrider chambered for 45-2.4" with a shotgun butt did better without the beating. I don't think a guy can have to many Shilohs but them ones with the rifle butt look better in the gunsafe than on the firing line. just my 2 cents on that. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "