Users of the Model 71 will be happy with the 250 gr AK Bullet Works bullets. They flat out are great bullets. The North Fork are a good weight and excellent constructed bullet.
My recent hunting for Alaska moose used a M-71 in Ackley Imp which is darn close to the 35 Whelen in velocity and energy.
Using a 270 gr Hawk FP bullet, the rifle flattened a 7ft at the shoulder Wein Lake AK bull moose.
Took us 6 hours to skin, gut and transport this animal. One shot kill through the neck.

Bullets like Swift, Woodleigh, AK BW, and Hawk carry the .348 into almost a different caliber's results in
killing power on large animals. The Hornady bullet-at 200 grs-is still a better bullet than what was available in the 1940s-1950s .

If anyone plans to use the Model 71 on aggressive grizzlies in Canada-Alaska, speaking from experience-I suggest the .450 Alaskan. ABW makes a nice 400 FP for my 450s:
Unless the bear is mild mannered, with the 348 WCF- you may make the news- for the wrong reason.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....