If your living and or hunting in a straight wall only state where shots are generally under 150 yards you have likely spent your whole hunting life hoping some day you might get to hunt with a lighter weight bolt centerfire rifle that wont kick too much and that dont cost $45 a box or more for 20 rounds. You can split hairs all you want about this but this is a Good thing for those folks. No question about it.

If this gets offered in a few different affordable bolt action rifles you will see a bunch of 45/70’s hit the market as well as a bunch of folks making the move from their slugguns to this.

I currently hunt with a .444 in Ohio. I live in Florida but hunt up there every for 30 years every year. I also have a lease in Alabama and just gave one up in Florida. So I hunt in rifle states as well. As soon as I see a few more choices in rifles I will be seriously be considering getting one.

If you dont live in one of those states then it would likely be a little interest to you. Winchester didnt have your needs in mind. Plenty better calibers for you.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.