Originally Posted by LSU fan
So if I'm starting from scratch, I'd want to buy a Lee Collet Die, a body die (does Lee make these?), and the seater of my choice?

Redding makes body dies.

Lee doesn't make one, but it's easy to "make" one from their FL die. For sure that's the cheapest way and I'm generally pretty cheap... blush Although I do have some Redding body dies.

The Forster seating die is one of the best, IMO. Others make a similar die, i.e. Hornady, but the Forster is about the best, for sure the best value.

It's probably cheaper to get the Lee Deluxe set with four dies. Make a body die out of their FL die. Their seater will do for now. The factory crimp die is handy in some applications. Get a Sinclair gauge to check concentricity and a TruAngle tool to correct run out. Those aren't too expensive and you'll use them with all your rifle rounds.

If the Lee seater isn't working that well, consider the Forster seater. If it's doing OK, you're good to go.

This is about the most buzz for the buck. Expensive target, bushing dies work OK, but cost a bunch more and I don't think they'll make better ammo than the above scenario.

I'm just a practical hunter, shooter, not a LR target guy. Those guys will have their own set up.

DF