Two things.........first, at some point in time, probably sooner rather than later, there will be some serious gun control legislation that will become the law of the land. In other words, it will pretty much do away with the Second Amendment.......and it will be supported by a majority of the politicians in BOTH parties, the SCOTUS, and the NRA. The NRA will say that it is necessary in order to hold onto the rest of our rights.

Secondly....I don't know of anyone, other than a fool, and there are quite a few of those around, who would not support a law that would keep guns, along with other deadly weapons, out of the hands of people who desire to use them to take the lives of innocent people. But, therein lies the rub......how do you determine who those people are? We do not live in a perfect world, one whereby we would know who is, and who isn't, a dangerous threat to society. I might get mad at my neighbor and decide to pay him back by falsely reporting that he is a dangerous man, and then he would be red flagged and could not buy a gun....when in fact, it would be that was the bad guy, and he the good one.

I can see all sorts of differing scenarios, but, I do agree with those who say something needs to be done to keep guns out of the hands of someone who intends on using a gun to commit a crime with. I just don't know how you go about doing it without stepping on the rights of the innocent people.