Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Show me any Red Flag Law that does not operate under Due Process.
All the ones I have looked at have a judge in the process.

A judge in the process doesn't make for due process. Everyone burned at the stake as a witch had a judge in the process.

Due process means that before your rights are interfered with, you've had an opportunity to face and contradict your accusers before a court of law, with the aid of legal representation, with all rules of evidence intact, etc.. The only exception is when there's probable cause you've already committed a crime, or are in the actual planning and prepping stage of doing so, in which case arrest and trial are the remedy, not gun confiscation at 4:00 AM by a SWAT team. The Red Flag laws fall miles short of any of this.

I’m not saying anything you have said here is wrong, however when we finally lose our 2nd Amendment Rights, you will bare part of the blame, for failing to do anything to address the problems of the day, rather choosing your absolutist stance on the 2nd. Nope, you are not wrong, but you fail to grasp where we are in the here and now.
That's wrong. Helping others is a choice and not an obligation. The whole idea of inalienable rights is that they are untouchable. That's what the Constitution is about. I, Hawkeye and many others have explained things like this over and over and over. We've used the power of our vote. Some of have been elected to office. Others serve their country in other ways. The ultra rich consistently buy people off and infringe upon rights that were never meant to be touched. We do what we can although we are not obligated to and shouldn't have to. I'll expand a bit on what Bristoe said recently and say, "any government which can't be ignored, should be feared,".