Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Just goes to show that the hoary old .30-30 has got some life left in it! Everybody forgets it was the 6.5 Creedmoor of its day 120 years ago.

One day I intend to give it a whirl with 130 TSX's for sh*ts and giggles. Out of a 24" barrel it too may be an eye opener.

I made that comment to someone. My results were with an 18-inch barrel! The 130 out of a 24 should really cook. I think that I would use a standard lead, though, unless you are going to hunt elk with it. I think the SST bullet should work real well for that application. It expands readily, which would stretch the range out a bit. My load provides enough energy (over 900 lbs., at 300 yards) but the velocity with the 150, drops to just over 1700, which is about the limit. The minimum is considered to be 1800 fps for the Interlock, as per Hornady data. No big deal, as I intend to use it for 250 and under anyway.

I used a dummy round to check max length and then backed off a bit, as the Interlock likes to jump a bit. I loaded it to 2.65 oal and dumped 40 grains of CFE223 in the case. I was shocked at the results with the first trial run of the load. No further development needed! The casing fell right out of the chamber, so I could probably push it a bit more, but see no need to. The worst part about this whole thing, is that the rifle has a 7.5 pound trigger. It breaks cleanly, though, so I just have to be careful to follow through and not jerk it. So far, so good.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.