Jevyod,

The B-29 is a mythical wildcat, which I made up probably close to 20 years ago after a conversation around a real campfire with Dave Scovill (then the editor of RIFLE and HANDLOADER) and Ron Spomer, while camping in teepees on the New Mexico plains to hunt antelope.

The point was to "invent" a fictional wildcat that was far superior to any general big game cartridge ever. It was .29 caliber because no popular sporting round has ever been a .29. My eventual article (with photos) was a complete work of fiction, but a BUNCH of readers fell for it, to the point where more people contacted the magazine than ever before. Among other things, Monica Lewinsky supposedly ground the reamer, the bullets had such high BC's it was initially suspected they actually ROSE in flight, and not only killed deer and elk suddenly at 400+ yards, but flipped them over on their backs, ready for field-dressing.

Basically, it was a spoof on how many shooters firmly believe in magic cartridges. And it proved how many do.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck