I've never owned a Barrett Fieldcraft and the reason why is because I can't convince myself that it is the better option over a simple Tikka T3 for some of the weather conditions I find myself in while hunting northwest Montana.

Before you chastise me please allow me to explain my position. The hunting conditions I often hunt in are blizzard, snow and ice, sometimes snow, rain and freezing weather all at the same time here in northwest Montana. It doesn't seem to matter what the weather is doing the Tikka T3 every time will go bang when I need it to regardless of a sheet of ice frozen to the action.

What I would like to know before I go out and spend the Money on a Fieldcraft is will the Fieldcraft consistently perform in those type of conditions as well as a Tikka? If it doesn't rather than turn around and sale one I'd much prefer to not spend that kind of money to begin with

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field