Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by DubThomas
I haven't sold mine and probably won't ever sell it! It's in 6.5 X 55 and shoots 130 Accubonds damn near in the same hole. I used 130 gr. Sirocco's last year, but I'm making a a switch after load testing.

The only drawback for me is the length of pull. I'm a big guy and I have the tendency to creep on the scope a little. I got a case of magnum eyebrow ( I know, I know you gotta magnum eyebrow from a nonmagnum round?) so I"m going to take it to my GS and have him add a couple of spacers to the butt.

Dub, the 130 accubond in the 6.5X55 swede has been absolutely stellar on game for me

Trystan

Trystan, I loaded the Scirocco's for last years season and they did Ok accuracy wise. Terminally, they were devastating even on large hogs. Always a pass through and the blood splatter on exit was amazing. But, I haven't been able to get under 1 MOA with it no matter what I try. Hence the Accubond. I worked up some loads using RL19 and CCI 200's and went up to the book max of 47.5 grains. 47.0 grains appears to be the best load so far. I've got some more loaded at 47.0 and 47.5 for group testing and velocity testing as well. OAL was 2.540 to the ogive.

I really wanted to keep shooting the Scirocco's, but if I can't get less than .5 MOA on any rifle/load it drives me absolutely batty.

Last edited by DubThomas; 03/19/19.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!