Did a bigger batch yesterday, some 231 bullets which was basically half a yogurt tub full. Used an aluminum pan but I'm not seeing that it makes a big difference. I forgot to time it each day but my rememberance is that it took about the same time to get back up to temp whether using the heavier gauge steel or lightweight aluminum pan.

In fact, yesterday I let the oven get up to 425 in anticipation of heat loss but it still went down to a low of 340 despite the aluminum pan this time and still took a good 10 minutes to get back up to 400. Could be the additional mass of the bullets this time but it seems to me that the biggest heat loss is opening the door to put the pan of bullets inside even if done as fast as practical. Anyway, I just crank up the thermostat until it gets and stays at 400 then set the 10 minute timer. The bullets come out well coated and shooting trials yesterday morning showed no leading whatsoever.

Also, still getting a feel for how much powder to use but I'm eyeballing it pretty close. Used a half a plastic spoonful and shook the container hard for a count of 20 which coated all of the bullets well with only a tiny amount of powder left in the bottom of the plastic tub. Not a problem generating static electricity in Idaho on a clear and chilly March day, in fact I get zapped all the time touching anything that grounds me. shocked

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!