I like females. I like 'em small and smart. Also, I am really picky about pedigree, and so I want the pups. Also, in my experience is it's easier to have multiple all females than all males. I've had good luck with a male/female pair as well.

Males often have an advantage physically, being bigger, stronger, etc. But I don't like them llifting their leg on everything. Last year during the dove opener, had a guy pull his duffel out of the truck and put it on the ground while he crawled in the bed to grab something. Just a few seconds, later he jumps down and someone's dog had peed on his duffelbag.

I am (still) waiting on a female pup right now ... Been two years and I could have had a male from the bloodlines I like, but passed.

Very much prefer females.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine