Originally Posted by KC
Cabelas no longer honors their lifetime warranty. I just tried to return a Cabeals XPG tent that I bought a few years ago. The warranty that was in effect when I bought the tent was lifetime, no questions asked. But that's all over. Since they were bought by Bass Pro shop the new warranty is one year on Cabelas brand products and 60 days on everythng else.

Cabelas is betraying their customers. Bass Pro Shop and Cabelas are now both on my DO NOT BUY LIST. mad

How can they do that legally? They still operate under the Cabelas name. When you purchased the product you both agreed to a lifetime warranty. Still being Cabelas, regardless of the parent company, they should still honor the warranty Cabelas sold the product with.

Purchases after the announcement of the new warranty, non lifetime, should go into effect for products purchased after the change. But if you still have a receipt showing you purchased prior...

That's like if Ford bought Kia, for example, and Kia offered a 10 year warranty when you bought it. Bring it in 37 months after buying it and Kia says GFY, we don't honor your 10 year warranty, it's now only 36 months. You bought it with a 10 year warranty. Still the Kia brand.