Originally Posted by ST50
About 10 years ago I started working on Jiffy ice augers from our local return processing facility. They got them from all over, but most of course from northern states. It averaged about 60 per year for 3 years. The majority had nothing wrong with them. People not able to understand 2 cycle engines or didn't like ice fishing after all. A few ruined engines ran without oil. Many were cobbled or damaged. Probably saw 20 cases of absolute fraud. 25 year old units returned in new boxes etc. Engine parts replaced with old parts, all kinds of crap. After processing about 180 of them and increasing my parts inventory, the return policy on them got changed and they started sending them back to the vendor, Feldman corporation. Total abuse of a "lifetime return policy" and I didn't blame them at the time. The facility here in western Nebraska is currently shutting down. At one time I believe it employed close to 100 people.

If you mean the main office in Sydney, at the time BPS bought them out it was 2000 employees. They have so far laid off about 1200 of them according to sources.
https://www.starherald.com/news/loc...d4bbc74-fa12-11e7-881a-3b8cf0227ca2.html

Cabela’s has long been an economic engine for Sidney, population about 6,800. The company once employed about 2,000 people in Sidney.

Last edited by Swifty52; 03/26/19.

Swifty