Originally Posted by crsides
thanks Gene. Nice to get confirmation like that.Charlie
Thanks for posting the pictures, the one on GunBroker was the first checkered wood 29-A I had seen with a Chicoppe Falls barrel stamp, yours is the second - I've looked at 100's of these guns and had begin to think all had Utica marked barrels. You mention of " Some blue wear on the action slide bar " had me wondering, the new pictures cleared that up, I now see you must have been referring to the magazine tube were it goes through the forearm as the action bar is not blued and is correct. With the one picture I really could not tell that much, the lighting made some features look a little off so I thought the example on GunBroker would be a good one to compare it to, I didn't realize how good, you gun is almost a twin.

A Chicoppe Falls marked 29-A is one I don't have, and with the checkered wood one I didn't know existed. That is same barrel stamp I have found on all 29-B's, I have yet to find a late 29-B with a Westfield stamped barrel (or any 29-B with a Utica stamp). I have a checkered 29-A without a serial number or date code that looks very much like yours but with a Utica marked barrel, it has a couple stamped marks on the left rear of the barrel that look very much like the stamps on yours, it's in the back of a safe but I think I might have some old pictures that I will try to find.