Originally Posted by TheKid
I generally load a couple hundred each 38, 44, 45, and 32mag on Saturday and burn them up on Sunday. Tired of sitting at the Rockchucker for half a day at a time

A Dillon 550 will crank that couple hundred rounds out in an honest 30 minutes pretty easy, and is a quality piece of gear. There are cheaper options, but most people never regret buying a Dillon.

The 550 works fine with lead bullets; you have stations to flare, seat, and crimp with separate dies so it goes pretty seamlessly. You should be able to use the dies you already have, but will need a powder die (and the matching powder funnel in the caliber conversion kit) for each toolhead you set up. You'll set the dies for each caliber into a toolhead, and can then swap out the toolheads to change calibers. The cadillac way to do it is with a separate powder measure that stays with each toolhead, but you can get by with just one powder measure if you want.

Most people advising that the 650 is a lot faster are comparing a 650 with a case feeder to a 550 without. If you don't use case feeders or bullet feeders on either one, the 650 is marginally faster but not by a lot. Downside to the 650 is cost and additional setup time. Case feeders are available for the 550 as well.

I occasionally time myself when loading large batches on the 550 - if I pre-load primer tubes and don't count that time, I can do 550 rounds per hour. Counting the primer tube refills (which is the actual real time spent) I'm at ~475 rounds per hour, maybe 450 depending what I'm loading and how smoothly it goes. That's without a case feeder.