I say if the price is right to buy it and just clean the barrel up. I have had to clean a few barrels on milsurp rifles in the last 4 years. Each time I have used 0000 Steel wool and Hoppes gun oil, followed by Flitz polish. The first one I did was on a CZ24 Mauser I bought from a buddy that had shot surplus ammo and then didn't clean it. I got all but one area of it cleaned up. The other two were both Mosin Nagants. I used the same procedure, but on the first Mosin I used PB Blast with the steel wool. That barrel was awful as it was from the same friend I got the Mauser from. He actually threw the Mosin in the deal with the Mauser for free. The barrel was a pain in the rear and it probably should have just been re-barreled truth be known. Both of those guns are sitting at my mom's house in Arkansas at the moment. I had no way of putting them on the plane three years ago to bring them back to AK with me. That will change soon, as I plan on making a trip down in the fall or next spring to pick them and a couple of more guns up. The third rifle was my son's Mosin. He shot the gun back in the fall with surplus Russian ammo and then did not clean it. When I got home in January for R&R, I followed the same procedure and after about an hour it was cleaned up. My son has since shot that rifle with modern day noncorrosive ammo, and he says it shoots great. I noticed the barrel cleaned up really nice once I was finally done with it.