Circa 1992 a Phoenix Gunsmith gave me a post-64 Winchester 94 that was rusted from one end to the other, inside and out, the stock broke off at the wrist, and was so sloppy you'd think it was going to fall apart when you cycle the action.

Got it free.

The receiver is some strange metal that doesn't blue, and I could get it electro-less nickle plated for $40, so, I cleaned the heck out of it (looked down the bore and thought no way this would ever shoot), shined it up a little and sent it off to get plated - bore and all!

Put a set of Williams sights on it and set a 3" black square on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper taped to a 3'-0"x6'-8" door, 70-yards away (that's the shot I had at the time). Took a shoot and looked (I was 30, I could see, and shoot), and I was miffed - no idea where it went. Calmed down, took a breath, sent another one - no idea where it went. Finally - 3-rd shot, I'm serious now - bam. Nothing.

I handed the rifle to my buddy - he wanted to take a shot. Boom - bullet hole 16" low, 4" left.

I walk to the target with my friend, not feeling so great, until we arrived at the target and there were 3 nice hole in the black 3" square (I could not see from 70-yards), about a 1.25" group!

Drove home VERY happy. It has been dead-on ever since! Most amazing thing I ever seen.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...