Originally Posted by Kenneth
Lets say your about to buy yourself a nice O/U,

Main purpose of this gun is sporting clays and trap,

Are you grabbing a 30 or 32?

Then, any thoughts on a Berreta 686 Silver pigeon 1,

or Browning 725 sporting?

What do you shoot now, in terms of shotgun, and where are you in terms of the games, if I may ask. Because you can shoot whatever strikes your fancy. Now as battue points out there are definite trends associated with greater success, big picture/many targets/competition. But what are you already comfortable with and fit well for will matter far more presently than browning vs beretta, 30 vs 32”.

But anyway, you asked: 686 in 30”, and twice so if you already shoot auto/pump in 28” (about same overall lengths). If you already shoot a 30” or 32” double, shrug; whichever you like. All else being equal, given a decent swing, i’d wager a tick faster gun will benefit the joyfully varied (unexpected) SC presentations more so than an extra 2” is ever going to tangibly benefit trap, particularly in a do it all gun. But, hey, that’s just my opinion. End of the day, just enjoy shooting. Would also wager if you’re at it a while, your preferences or curiosity at least will have you trying something different again anyway.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.