Originally Posted by Kenneth
Lets say your about to buy yourself a nice O/U,

Main purpose of this gun is sporting clays and trap,

Are you grabbing a 30 or 32?

Then, any thoughts on a Berreta 686 Silver pigeon 1,

or Browning 725 sporting?

Most definately buy a the shotgun of your choice with 32 inch barrels.. As others have side in this thread 30 inch barrels on the used market are not easy to re-sell. I find the Browning 725 32 inch sporting barrels a slimmer profile than the Beretta 680 series 32 inch barrels.and much easier to swing. Beretta does weigh their barrels with the barrel weight so stamped near the breech block. I have shot Beretta guns with a barrel
weight stamped 1.400 KG that were so much smoother than my own 32 inch barrels of 1.490 KG. So similar to a Browning 725 sporting.

Beretta's advantage is your can add different barrels of gauge and length ( or the 12 gauge frame) if you so desire.. Browning does not offer additional barrels for their shotguns unless offered as a factory built offering. My own Beretta sporting gun has 12 and 20 gauge barrels fitted to the same 12 gauge frame.

The Browning 725 and Beretta 680 series is the number 2 and 3 selling sporting guns in the United Kingdom accounting for over half of all the sporting shotguns sold. Likely not much different here in the US.