I had a 250 Big Red w/reverse for a short while back years ago. Let my son drive it a few times just putting around the backyard. After a few times he got a bit too over confident too soon to my liking. Went outside and saw it missing one day then heard it it zooming around over on a nearby vacant lot.I walked over there and saw he had that thing airborne jumping dirt hills. Being my son I knew he was prone to pushing things to their limits and beyond his ability to control so I sold it soon after. No more ATVs since but still have my son.

Daughter-in-law's dad was killed when his 4 wheeler flipped over on top of him. She was about 16 years old and our son had just started dating her. She was home alone at the time and found her dad out behind their house a little ways with the heavy machine on top of him. They lived pretty far out in the boonies and she had to wait there close to an hour with her dead dad for first responders to arrive,

Young guy I used to work with was out with a group of friends and their families riding 4 wheelers one weekend. Fun weekend for all until one of them flipped and killed a toddler that was riding with it's dad.

As always, YMMV.