I got to spend a little time today with my new Grice's Ruger American .358 Win.

It was raining and extremely windy but I wanted to load and test some 250 gr Speer Spire Points and a hefty load of TAC. We got it sighted in despite gusting 30 mph wind and intermittent heavy rainfall.

I'm really liking this rifle. I have it set up with a Leupold 30mm VX-R 2-7x33 in Vortex low rings. It looks like the scope is mounted high because of the small objective lens. But if it was mounted any lower it would interfere with the power adjustment dial with this rail and ring setup. I'll have to lose the rail and try different mounts to get it lower.

Thought I would share a few "tailgate" pictures that I took it between downpours. The rifle with scope and rings weighs 7.3 lbs with this setup according to my cheap digital fish scale.

Sorry, trying to get pictures to post. I'm stupid I guess. I'm following instructions in forum help. I've tried three times. Somebody help this idiot out please.

Grice's Ruger American .358 Win

[img]www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/13738592/grices-ruger-american-358-win[/img]

Attached Images
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4.jpg (73.6 KB, 155 downloads)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3.jpg (80.9 KB, 119 downloads)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5.jpg (88.72 KB, 117 downloads)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7.jpg (74.33 KB, 118 downloads)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1.jpg (82.05 KB, 119 downloads)
Last edited by rbg63; 04/13/19. Reason: trying Photos