Originally Posted by Remington280
I'm finally upgrading my scope on my Rem 700 280 after 15 yrs , will be using a picatinny rail. Scope is a 2-12x42 so I'm thinking a low ring should work. I've looked at several rings but just can't decide as I always notice a weak link or maybe it's just me.
Any suggestions for some rings that'll look good for a sporter rifle and be trouble free?

Excuse me but f the seekins. Remington has never drilled 4 holes in a straight line............ever.
Enter the Burris Signature Z rings. with the off set inserts you can dial your scope in somewhat before you shoot a shot. over the weekend I set up a Rem 700 in 270 Win.
I used the +10 -10 inserts to correct windage ( +20-20 were too much for this rifle but very common on Remingtons). I used the other +10-10 to add elevation. they never put ring marks on your scope and never slip, very light weight.
No longer own a Burris scope..........but the Signature Zee rings are the bomb for mounting to picatinny or weaver bases, own more than a dozen. awesome !!!!