Originally Posted by RevMike
Thanks again for all the comments.

There's no sentiment in this rifle at all. I picked it up a while back to use when the afternoon rains make our hunting lease look more like Cameroon than Florida. My mistake was not running it through a full regimen of load development before spending money on it to have the bolt handle adjusted to better clear the ocular, as well as having a new safety installed. The entire rifle had been reworked long before I got it, so I don't lay any of the current issues at the feet of the fellow who did the work for me. Too bad it turned out as it did, really, as it puts five shots into less than 1.25 inches with the traditional 175-grain hunting load, and that's before tweaking the recipe.

So I guess my options are these: keep it in the safe for no apparent reason, or at some point spend the extra money on it to bring it back to life. Whether it's me or someone else, if it is ever going to be used someone will have to spend something on it. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much time might be involved. Five hours? Ten? More?

Thanks again.

If it was mine I would probably have it repaired. I would send the bolt to Dan Armstrong to do a new bolt handle.
One of Dan's bolt jobs
[Linked Image]
Another
[Linked Image]
Another
[Linked Image]
Dan is very good, fast, and inexpensive. http://accu-tig.com/