Thanks for all the info. The Pedersoli has 1/24 twist and that seems to be the right choice for big bullets for my bear hunt next year. The Traditions is 1/48 twist . The 1/48 seems to be a compromise between round ball and conicals . I have little interest in round balls, though, you never know , us guys wake up one morning and are suddenly interested in something we never thought twice about. I will stick with conicals cause I cast them. I not care all that much if it is a 300 dollar gun or a 700 dollar gun. Here is why. I dont go on out of state hunts of go fishing . I only hunted out of state one time, and that was 15 yrs ago and been 20 yrs since I went fishing out of state. So, If I want a gun that happens to be 300 dollars more, I dont care. I only care about quality, and very good function and ease of cleaning. Muzzy season adds another 10 days to the Wisconsin gun season , so a 700 dollar gun is really affordable for an extra season for deer. Is there any other good Hawken type rifles out there? So far Lyman, Pedersoli and Traditions. Im sure there are more. Thanks for all the advise.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23