I went to see Hank Jr. back in my wild and wooly days. He was playing at Continental Inn in Lexington.

It was a big ballroom with tables and a bar. Waitresses were working their way through a crowd of a few thousand people. I was with this pretty little long haired, *ornery* woman,...I was "urban cowboyed" out,..capped off with a felt Resistol Stagecoach Redding hat. (I've still got it,....one of my few surviving childhood souvenirs)

I got there early and got a table right up front.

Hank Jr put on a hell of a show. He's descended from old southern folks and he knew that the price of a ticket meant something to us old boys and gals who showed up. He played for 3 hours or so,...best concert I ever went to. I was bouncin around to his rhythmic tuens with that little, long haired blond and he'd look at us and grin,...damn good time.

One of his roadies tried to take my girl with him as we were leaving that night. Like I said,...she was ornery. It was apparent that she wanted to go with him. I got in behind her and shuffled her tight little ass towards the door.

It was obvious that she was a bit miffed about the whole thing,...me messin' up her party, and all.

I didn't give a damn,...never saw her again, I don't think.

Didn't matter to me,...hoe is a hoe. That's the only reason she was with me in the first place, truth be told.