Long actions should have a 4" mag box, the SA is good at 3", the micro should be about 2.6". They seem to be getting a lot of the twists right except the 30 cals should be 9 twist.

Why can no rifle manufacture get twist and mag box right? It's anoying as hell. It reminds me of all the years scope manufacturers did mil reticles with Moa knobs. Or crappy hold over reticals set to random distances based on one crappy factory round and no hash marks for windage.

Seriously, does anyone who works in this industry ever shoot or talk to people that do. Frustrates me to no end especially because I was a marketing director in a different industry for 14 years. You've got to have your ears open and listen to those at the for front of your industry.

Then you've got guys like hornady coming out with new things like the 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC and setting the standard length for those rounds just a bit longer than pretty much every action currently out there.

Even the 6.5 creedmoor missed things in a way. They boasted about its shorter length fitting better then made the freebore a long .199" so to kiss with a vld you needed about a 2.9" mag box when a 700 SA is about 2.83. Creedmoor should have had a standard freebore of about .120" but they were worried about pressure so they made their accuracy round so that most rifles will have to suffer a jump.

Seriously, if a company hired a marketing guy that really understood a few things they could dominate. I know the problem is most shooters don't really know crap either but a good marketer would build things right and then educate the masses as to why it's right.

Bb