Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by Tennessee
Originally Posted by nathanial
Tennessee, what’s the story? Is there a 223 or not? Mag length for the twist or not?

Berger 80g VLD average COAL to kiss in two rifles is 2.408”

Mag box is 2.436”

So with that bullet you can load to kiss with room to spare in the mag and even some to spare for future throat erosion.

I personally would not load to make contact with the bullet. When the chamber is precise and the throat is tight, I get great results with a little jump. Assuming the load has the best powder, density, primer to make consistent pressure and low velocity SD....

So where does it put things with the 88 grain ELD-M which actually needs the 1-7" twist?

Honest question, but I'll understand completely if you don't wanna answer.

I didnt try them. Did not have them to try.

The chamber is a 223 Wylde (we call it 5.56 Match) so maybe you can draw some conclusions on depth to throat lead with different bullets.

I accept that every conceivable combination that someone considers "ideal" may not be able to be achieved in a production rifle, but I think the rifle is great. I think it will be ideal for 99.5 percent of 223 shooters.

I grabbed a case of 5.56 pressure spec Mk26, zeroed and blasted away. Super impressed with the precision and the ability of that 77gr to connect at various ranges with decent terminal effect.