Originally Posted by BobMt

shoes that is....got a trip booked...wondering about shoes. Boots….that are maybe a little more quiet.

I almost always hunt in rainey...snowing.....so don't think about drier conditions...….bob

Where to?

Most of southern Africa is not super demanding. Comfort is #1 for me. Over ankle length. My favorites have been mil surplus jungle type boots. Currently, French or Italian SF boots. Canvas uppers, speed laces, and very comfortable. Many guys hunt RSA in athletic shoes. No mountains to speak of, flatish terrain. I'm not afan of that because of dust and burs and thorns.

These are the French version. I was introduced to them 25 years ago by my PH in Cameroon. He used them and I like them. Zero break in perio,. well WORTH the cheap price and well made.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-French-Ranger-Boots-Lace-Up-Canvas-Army-Footwear/152701182681?hash=item238db322d9:m:mmGclqZu4E8zCAqc2E29_XQ

If you have hilly, mountain terrain, you might go with more ankle support.

Have fun!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo