I really like the Russell PH series. These can be ordered with the classic crepe soles or the Vibram airlight that has a little more grip but is still quiet. They have the ultimate stalking shoe with only a bullhide sole but not so good in the rocky areas of West Texas or for the Koppes in Africa. If you go with a cloth shoe might take a look at the Turtle Skin gators which can turn most thorns with the added bonus of being snake proof. If I bring two pairs of shoes the second is either a Merrell Moab mid or some updated tactical desert boots.

The Turtle skin is not the quietest but are ok under long pants if you need to be quieter. https://turtleskin.com/default/outdoor-snake-protection.html One model of the Russell PH and their turkey boots or thorn/snake proof models have Turtle shin under canvas or leather, I have the Turkey boot and they are quiet comfortable and only hot when the temperatures are at 90+ degrees but any boot would be hot then. For a quieter gator several safari oriented stores have canvas ones mostly to keep seeds and burs out of your shoes.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli