Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ShortMag11
Originally Posted by warpig602
Heres a shot of the primers, 2 on the left are my loads, the one on the right is the factory load. A wise man on this site says flattened primers dont mean much as far as pressure is concerned. Outside of that, I didn't see anything else besides velocity that would indicate I was pushing it too hard. I stopped at 64gr(3k fps) Even then I only shot 1 round just to measure speed.

I
[Linked Image]

d really like to shoot the 62.6 loads again, first group of the day on a new rifle. SD/ES numbers looked alright, fell like it should have shot better. Other than that, nothing really seemed to jump out at me.

[Linked Image]

Yes those are pretty flattened. Are all of those targets with 180 E-tips?? 62.8 looks really good.

Yep, I'd be looking at the 62.8 gr load and adjusting the oal a bit.... Maybe seat them a hair deeper...

Ive almost got the 62.8 load figured out. Actually 63.1 now. After using the 1x fired brass from my initial testing it seems the 63.1 got me back where I want to be.

Only had 4 shots on this one, target says 2.875 for COAL but the 62.8 load I pushed back to 2.850
[Linked Image]

Here is the x1 fired 62.8 and 63.1 loads, COAL back to 2.870(notice the velocity drop on .3gr more powder.....weird) the rest of the groups are different loads from trying the 180 NAB, which seemed to be easier to get to group. I took the 2 best 3 shot groups and went home and loaded up 5 rounds of those which are the 2 groups at the bottom left. I wasnt happy with those so I have 1 of each loaded up again to try later this week.
[Linked Image]

As it stands now, I have 2 180 TTSX loads( 5 rounds each) 63.1gr, one loaded 2.880 COAL and the other at 2.865
2 180 NAB loads,5 rounds, 61.9 and 62.5 again.