Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Have they addressed the doubling issues? This isn’t the first time I’ve heard that.

DF

I don't think so. They're advice (third hand) is to always fire the RH barrel first (front trigger) - this works. It shouldn't be too hard a fix though - I haven't bothered yet because I always fire the RH barrel first. Hasn't doubled on me yet, but I cottoned on to the problem early on when firing single shots - I discovered that the right ejector would also fire off after opening after firing the LH barrel only. The ejectors only fire when the sear has been tripped. My rifle also has cocking indicators on the side and you can see what sear has tripped before opening the action. The LH barrel sear has never tripped for a RH barrel shot.

That front trigger is sensitive - even my cast loads will cause it to trip if I fire the LH barrel first. One day I'll get it fixed.

I've also pulled it apart and there is a sear interceptor (spring loaded, recoil operated) but only on the rear trigger - maybe this stops it from tripping. I could pull it out temporarily and see what it does.

Given it's such a fine rifle to fire, and never does it with RH barrel first, I'm happy with it as it is. Maybe this is why the original owner got rid of it - happy to lose $6k on a new rifle. I'm sure it wouldn't cost this much to fix, but don't know why Merkel won't come to the party and fix as a design fault.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?