Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I switched my support to GOA after the NRA betrayed gun owners on first bump stocks, then Red Flag laws. When they called for my renewal, I told them why I had switched my support to the GOA. The lady gave me the impression she’d been hearing that a lot.

GOA hasn't the political clout that the NRA has, and it never will.

You are correct..... and THAT is why I quit the NRA in favor of GOA.

The NRA has survived and grown by convincing gun owners that Politicians are the ones who determine our fate as far as gun rights.So, what money is left ,after the Officials rake off all they want, is given as campaign contributions to Politicians.

Meanwhile, the real battles are being fought in the Courts...not in Congress.

You can make a weak case that pro gun Senators can vote for Judges who are gun friendly, but consider that “our “ biggest victories came during Obama’s Administration, and the NRA was late to the party re Heller and McDonald rulings. GOA had already done the heavy lifting.Besides, that argument gets silly when you consider that the NRA backed Harry Reid.

We need to be paying Lawyers not wishy washy Politicians. That’s what GOA does. In fact, they need donations RIGHT NOW to appeal a lower court conviction of a Veteran who bought a suppressor which was legal under Kansas law. A victory could bring ALL federal gun laws into question.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place