Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ol_mike
98* forecast for Saturday .

I'm right in the middle on the Graph thread showing US drought florida panhandle , I don't remember the last time it sprikled . Headed for the three year mark of drought conditions here .
Sure has helped with mosquitos .

Damn! My central air stinks. Once it's above 90 outside, it can only manage to keep the house about fifteen degrees lower than the outside temp. So if it's 98, my house will be about 83 degrees by early evening. Will have to walk around in my underpants with a wet rag on my head.

I remember you mentioning that a few months ago , a modern system should cool your house better than that . You need an expert to look at the entire system and house - compressor/insulation/duct work etc. . Can't have too much insulation and have heavy insulation around/over the duct work . Sun shining in windows creates a lot of heat .
Black shingles [any dark color] are the devil in the deep south .
I built two houses [biloxi/ocean springs] side by side just reversed floor plan and slight modification to front porch on one . One had the lightest color shingle [greyish white] the other had black , I had both attic pull down ladders down and compared the heat by going to the top of the ladders . Night and day difference .It was hotter standing on the garage floor under the attic access of the black roof house than it was up in the attic of the white roof house . The added cost over 20 years in the deep south would amount to a lot of money .
Hope you get it resolved .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.