I've told this story many times here but,

I had a 22 Mag over 20 that I paid $135 for in about 1985 that I used as a truck gun while I was tree farming for about 25 years. That thing rode around in the back of my truck under the tools, log chains, muddy boots, wet rain gear, chain saws, bar oil, gas cans, you name it. When people got in the back of my truck they would step on it, kick it out of the way, throw it to the other side of the truck, you name it. It got used like a bent piece of re-rod iron. That gun killed a dump truck load of ground hogs, feral cats. deer running curs, barn rats, black snakes, rabbits, pheasants, coyotes, foxes, snapping turtles, and a couple of deer and turkeys as well. Probably killed some other stuff with it that I can't even remember. I would dig that thing out from under all the junk and bang dead every single time.

Somebody stole my truck one night, drove it through the turnpike fence and took it to Philly and dumped it. Took all my stuff including the gun and left me a bucket full of KFC chicken bones.

Was that you Joe?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~