Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by cwlongshot
Thanks for sharin guys! Some real nice Savages for sure!!

I have two on the bench for repair here.

My 222/20 broke its extractor. I have been looking and surfin parts sites for most of a month. By chance I found that numrich had brand new 222 Extractors in stock even tho a couple
Searches came up empty. The are loosin sales for sure with there search... Any how I found it last week and should have it Tomorrow. Im sure some fitting will be needed. I just hope its not as bad as some horror stories I have read.

Second is my 357/20’s butt stock. I knew when I got it is had seen rough use and was broken and cracked. I saw the repairs to the sides of the tang but the crack thats opened up in the center rear fo the tang has grown in the few shots I have taken. I can absolutely fix this 100%, BUT finish will suffer and Id probably need to paint to cover all the pins and epoxy lines. Its cheaper and easier to buy a new one. I found a local supplier where I could see and choose my stock. Only “issue” is the 357’s have a slightly different stock then most other 24’s. But near as I can tell, I just need to remove the protrusions to the sides and adj angle. Both pretty easily done.

Ill know tomorrow. Once its fit to the receiver, Ill adj LOP and fit a thin Decellorator pad . Also it looks like I might loose the grip cap and white line spacer. Ill decide If I want to move it from old stock. But probably not as the forend as nothing white, only checkering. Something that this replacement also will not have. I have done some checkering and have the tools. Maybe Ill add a copy pattern. Time will tell.

Cw

The stock designs/configurations weren't the same during the entire run of the 24 series guns, some being flat where they meet the action and some having the "protrusions", so the stock design on your gun isn't unique to those with a 357 barrel, but to the series and time-frame that it was made.

Did you check with Jack First in Rapid City, SD, to see if they have a matching forearm?

I don't think that the people who run GPC are losing any sleep over potentially lost sale, since they are probably the place that most people start when looking for a part.

I did look to Jack First yes but not specific for a for stock. (They did not have the butt or the extractor for the 222)

OK, I understand in the productions. Makes good sense. I have seen three styles on the 24’s. But only ever seen straight on the 357/357 Max series D.

CW