Thanks for sharin guys! Some real nice Savages for sure!!

I have two on the bench for repair here.

My 222/20 broke its extractor. I have been looking and surfin parts sites for most of a month. By chance I found that numrich had brand new 222 Extractors in stock even tho a couple
Searches came up empty. The are loosin sales for sure with there search... Any how I found it last week and should have it Tomorrow. Im sure some fitting will be needed. I just hope its not as bad as some horror stories I have read.

Second is my 357/20’s butt stock. I knew when I got it is had seen rough use and was broken and cracked. I saw the repairs to the sides of the tang but the crack thats opened up in the center rear fo the tang has grown in the few shots I have taken. I can absolutely fix this 100%, BUT finish will suffer and Id probably need to paint to cover all the pins and epoxy lines. Its cheaper and easier to buy a new one. I found a local supplier where I could see and choose my stock. Only “issue” is the 357’s have a slightly different stock then most other 24’s. But near as I can tell, I just need to remove the protrusions to the sides and adj angle. Both pretty easily done.

Ill know tomorrow. Once its fit to the receiver, Ill adj LOP and fit a thin Decellorator pad . Also it looks like I might loose the grip cap and white line spacer. Ill decide If I want to move it from old stock. But probably not as the forend as nothing white, only checkering. Something that this replacement also will not have. I have done some checkering and have the tools. Maybe Ill add a copy pattern. Time will tell.

Cw