Originally Posted by atse
Originally Posted by KH1473
Beef up the erector guts, even if it adds a little weight and that'll be good enough for me to be a fan once again

THIS!!!! If they do this, 98% of their problems are solved.

Doug,

What these guys have said.

Below is a thread I started in 2016 from my experience with a Leupold scope:

"Had a Leupy VX-6 go haywire Thursday when making a final one click left adjustment on Hope's Tikka T-3X 7-08.

We'd both shot several good to excellent groups previous to this, with this load in this gun with this scope, a VX-6 2-12 purchased in Dec 2015. Had her pretty much set up for rifle season coming up, but wanted to just do a final validation. She was doing the shooting, and she shot a good 3 shot group at 100 (slightly over an inch), an even better 3 shot group at 200. All shots were slightly right of center - all shots were <1.5" from center black diamond. She wanted it just a little left, so I took the scope one click left. Next shot was 6 inches left - what the heck! Took it back one click right to original - next shot was over 8 inches right of the last shot - about 2.5" right of any of the first six fired.

Needless to say she was not happy! What followed then was a exercise in futility for about 5 more shots of chasing shots by adjusting both windage and elevation and getting nothing remotely near what was expected. The second target looked like few I've seen the shots were so bad.

The scope was mounted in Talleys, torqued to their specs. Ammo was handloaded, 120 gr Nosler BT, Nosler brass, 2000MR powder, runout checked to less than .002". She was using front and rear rests and it was essentially calm. She's ex-military, expert marksman qualified and is a very good shot.

We were at our farm doing various chores, so the barrel was never allowed to get hot - this occurred over the course of 2-3 hours.

Yesterday (Friday), I replaced the VX-6 with a Trijicon 3-9 I had on hand (had to run to MIdway to get 1" mounts). Gun shot great, after 2 shots it was dead center 2.5" high at 100 yds for me. Turned it over to her, and three shots and a couple of small adjustments for her liking and she was set.

Called Leupold, they said send it in, so I did. We'll see how this turns out."

For the rest of the story, they returned my scope after an "erector adjustment" and it has tracked acceptably since. This is my main beef with them. Plus really mushy click adjustments. Not what you'd expect in a scopes in their price range.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."