Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by ironbender
When the trend in shooting turned to long range leupold was exposed for the schit that it really is. Why they didn't see that coming is beyond me. For over 20 years now I've bought better scopes for less money. Its a simple calculation! The grandpa's said let's build quality! The youngsters said let's make more money! Always better to work hard to earn your living and that's something that will last. Everything that turns to schit will dry up and blow away in the wind

Trystan

What brand are you using?

Well, on 3.24.19 he was recommending others to buy Leupold schit that was made by the current clan. But remember, only inside 400 yards, because that isn't LR and the LR trend must have started after March 24, 2019.

More than a little schit has been written on this thread.

I'm very pleased with my 6 SWFA. Crystal clear at 10 yds. I went with 30 mm Warne mediums and scope clearance is about 3/16" on my 6.5X55 Tikka

Honestly though if I wasn't dialing for shots over 400 yds I'd go with a Leupold 6X36 for the big weight savings

Trystan

Its more than obvious to you that leupold is still a rockstar? Thats why Doug up and posted this thread outta his ass for no reason at all. I guarantee you leupold is listening with open ears and a future of what used to be a leading company is at stake. Hopefully they will get it all sorted and continue for many years to come

Trystan

Did nothing more than quote an inconsistency with regards one of your posts. Can someone change their opinion in approx 3months? I won't be the one who says you can't.

As far as Leupold being a rockstar, they have and continue to serve my needs. Room for improvement? Always will be. You don't have to guarantee me anything about leupold listening. Doug sent them all relevant posts. So I have little need for your guarantee.

The future of a leading company at stake? Being generous, there are maybe 200 people on this forum who consistently bash Leupold. The vast majority of the other, what 15,000 members have little problem with Leupold and their future at the moment is much more secure than SWFA in the long run. Then again, there are more than a few here who think they are special because they are 24hr card carrying members and the rest of the outsiders are a bunch of know nothings. They really need to get out more.

Now again, they can improve and over time I'm sure they will find ways to do exactly that, but there is little doubt they will be here "for many years to come". The shooting world is much bigger than the 24hour campfire malcontents and Leupold offers a larger variety of scopes than any other of the companies mentioned. Are they the current rockstar of the dedicated LR Shooters? Certainly not, but they cover more bases than any other scope company when it comes to different offerings, most of which are reasonably priced and serve the needs of the vast majority of hunters and shooters. I have little reason to think they will be gone under soon and I guarantee it.

Now, would it be wise for them to pay attention to "some" of the ramblings here? Most certainly, a better quality product, while still being offered at a reasonable price is never bad for business.

No! What you did was take my recommendation of a fixed power set and forget leupold scope and assumingly turned it into something it wasn't! You said I'm a leupold supporter but your wrong. If you look thru any post I've ever posted I have ONLY ever recommended the fixed power leupolds and NEVER have I ever recommended any other leupold scope.

That sir is a far cry from being a leupold supporter

With that said I do hope it goes well for Leupold

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field